Best Face Forward
Tips & Tricks
If you’ve been having trouble with your beauty routine, I’ve put together a few tricks and tips this month to hopefully help you out!
- If your eyeshadows are not appearing true to the colour they appear in the pan, try using an eyeshadow primer to help it stay longer and show up brighter/darker. If you don’t have an eyeshadow, then you can apply concealer to your eyelids as a substitute. It will have a similar effect.
- To make your lips appear fuller, add a bit of contour with a dark nude liner or a contour powder just below your lip line. Blend it out so it’s not a harsh line.
- If you’re wearing liner on your upper lash line or false lashes, you can line your upper waterline with black liner to make sure there are no gaps of skin showing. It also makes your lashes appear thicker at the base.
- If you’ve applied contour or blush too heavily, use your setting powder to blend it out.
- If you’re doing a dark or bright eyeshadow look, do your eyeshadow first so you don’t get fallout on your cheeks and ruin your foundation/concealer.
These are just a few tricks that may help your makeup application go a little more smoothly. Have fun!
About the Author
Tina Michelle is a freelance makeup artist in Oshawa, Ontario. She loves to help others feel better about themselves by teaching them to use makeup as a tool at their disposal to bring their best face forward. She never wants you to feel like makeup is something that you have use to cover yourself up so you are considered pretty. You already are beautiful! Tina hopes to help you discover that makeup is fun and can be playful, and doesn’t have to be another chore on a to-do list. You can find her on Facebook here: (www.Facebook.com/MakeupByTinaMichelle/) or Twitter (www.twitter.com/MakeupByTinaM.com/) or Instagram: (www.twww.instagram.com/MakeupByTinaMichelle/)