What's Up Durham?
48th Annual Tour of Homes – June 2, 2018 (Uxbridge)
Trinity United Church Women, Uxbridge present their “48th Annual Tour of Homes”
Forty-eight years of opening doors to some of the beautiful and interesting homes to a community has been a pleasurable experience for the women of Trinity United Church. Such a variety of homes – we remember a tiny two room home, a lovely English manor home, homes featuring fine art or crafts and some with spectacular gardens. Such a variety of homes over those years each with its own special interest. Again this year on Saturday, June 2nd a variety of town and country homes will be on view. There’s a newly renovated farmhouse on a property that has been in the family long enough to be awarded a special Canada 150 award, an elegant home enlarged 2 level in-law suite, a lovely rural property where you may enjoy tea and live music in a renovated barn. There is a beautiful family home in a special location where the owners have combined modern functionality with antique grace. There is even a home where you may enjoy the picturesque views and possibly even spot a bison! You will get more information each week, so keep watching and reading.
- The house tour came to be 48 years ago when a few ladies of the church brainstormed how to fund raise for the church and to help many outreach projects – locally, nationally and internationally. Thousands of dollars have been raised over the past 47 yrs.
- Approx. 350 people attended in 2017
- It takes place mostly within the Town and Township of Uxbridge
- There are a variety of homes on the tour. i.e. farmhouses, modern, renovated, large, small
- It is mostly a driving tour
- Some of the highlights include: a renovated farm house – the farm has just received a 150 year award; a sprawling 4000 sq. ft. grand home; a renovated barn that is used for weddings and other celebrations; a new home on a Bison farm, the original home was demolished and the wood has been used in the new home; an extra side trip- a fine art gallery
Check out this article in The Standard for more information on the tour. Tickets available for purchase before June 2nd at the following locations:
In Uxbridge at:
- PharmaSave Pharmacy
- Shoppers Drug Mart
- Presents, Presents, Presents
- Trinity United Church
In Port Perry at:
- Luke’s Country Store
In Stouffville at:
- IDA Pharmacy
Tickets are also available for purchase on June 2nd at the featured Tour Homes or Trinity United Church.For more information call the Church office at 905-852-6213.
Enjoy the beautiful Uxbridge Countryside
Saturday, June 2nd, 2018
12 noon-5 p.m.
Tickets $25 or $20 if purchased online in advance (tea and cookies included at the church). Passports available at the church as well.
For more info: www.trinityuxbridge.com
905-852-6213 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Author
Bryen writes about local Durham community news, including regional events, municipality updates, entertainment, lifestyle, and the great outdoors. Email him directly if you want your business profiled or know a community member that deserves recognition - email@example.com