What's Up Durham?
Dnext: Durham Region’s new podcast series featuring innovative thinkers and entrepreneurs
Invest Durham, in partnership with Dnext, is excited to announce the Dnext Podcast—a new podcast series that focuses on the economic impacts of COVID-19 and reimagining the future of Durham Region in today’s everchanging business environment.
As the innovation and entrepreneur’s podcast for Durham, host Paul Koidis will be joined by key speakers from across the globe to discuss how our business community can successfully adapt to new technologies and social practices. The series will look at the future of Durham from the point of view of the innovators, investors and entrepreneurs that make it all happen. The first four episodes are available now, featuring the following guests:
- John Henry, Regional Chair and CEO, Region of Durham
- Rocco Rossi, CEO, Ontario Chamber of Commerce
- Joana Vicente, Executive Director and Co-Head, Toronto International Film Festival
- Sarah Midanik, President and CEO, Gord Downie and Chanie Wenjack Fund
The series showcases Durham as Ontario’s new economic and innovation powerhouse. Discussion topics include crisis response, education, community development, investment relations, working conditions and more.
“The Dnext Podcast provides an outlet to have open conversations about the future of Durham Region. Our community has faced many challenges throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, and by having these conversations, we will continue to find new and creative ways to support local businesses and ensure our community stays Durham Strong.”
– John Henry, Regional Chair and CEO, Region of Durham
“Durham is home to global leaders in innovation and technology. Listeners of Dnext can learn about some of the cutting edge initiatives coming out of our innovation community who is collaborating to solve big problems—like advanced mobility and clean energy. Listening to these, you really get immersed in the amazing topics and conversation.”
– Simon Gill, Director of Economic Development and Tourism, Region of Durham
- The Dnext Podcast series is a partnership with Invest Durham and sponsored by the Durham Community Foundation. To share your innovative ideas and business topics for Dnext 2021 panel and podcast discussions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Host Paul Koidis is an executive marketing advisor, development consultant, communications strategist, publicist, producer, agent and educator, Paul has been involved in numerous film, television, and political projects in Canada and the United States, and advises on several national and international projects.
- In October 2019, Invest Durham hosted the Dnext Innovation and Investor Summit at Ontario Tech University in Oshawa. The summit featured a series of thought-provoking panel discussions and networking opportunities with inspirational speakers from across the globe. Discussions covered a variety of topics including digital democracy, the future of entertainment media, social innovation, philanthropy and technology. Learn more about last year’s event at dnextnow.com.
- As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Durham Economic Task Force—made up of the Region of Durham’s Economic Development and Tourism team, all eight local area municipalities, Business Improvement Areas (BIAs), Business Advisory Centre Durham (BACD), all Durham Chambers and Boards of Trade, Durham College, Ontario Tech University, and Trent University Durham GTA—came together to advocate for the urgent needs of our business community and supports the delivery of various programs to eligible businesses in Durham Region. For more information, visit InvestDurham.ca/CovidResponse.
About the Author
Bryen writes about local Durham community news, including regional events, municipality updates, entertainment, lifestyle, and the great outdoors. Email him directly if you want your business profiled or know a community member that deserves recognition - email@example.com