What's Up Durham?
Patios to visit in Durham Region’s downtowns
If you’ve spent a summer in Canada, then you know the powerful pull of a great Canadian staple: the patio. From private, tucked away nooks, to main street seats, waterfront vistas or a simple slice of shade, patios come in all shapes and sizes- to offer an amazing outdoor experience.
Durham Region is home to thirteen distinct and diverse downtown areas. The eclectic mix of patios in Durham Region will not disappoint, especially in our downtowns, where after-dinner strolls, sweet treats, and window shopping can round out a perfectly Canadian summer day.
There are so many amazing patios across Durham Region to visit. Explore the whole region in our Tourism directory! But for now, we’ve narrowed it down to 14 distinct Durham Region downtown dining experiences to create your summer patio bucket list.
1. Downtown Ajax: Drums and Flats
Source: Drums and Flats
2. Downtown Beaverton: Barney’s
3. Downtown Bowmanville: Starapples
Source: Starapples Facebook page
4. Downtown Brooklin: Corrado’s Restaurant and Bar
5. Downtown Cannington: Holy Grounds Café and Eatery
Ok, you caught us. There isn’t a patio in Cannington, yet. But as Cannington had the largest increase in home searches in all of Canada, it most likely won’t be long before patio umbrellas start popping up.
In the meantime, go see what the fuss is for yourself and stop by Holy Grounds Café and Eatery. It’s so delicious, you won’t need to sit. Your food will be gone before you hit the sidewalk and then you’ll probably go back in for more. You’re welcome.
Source: Durham Tourism
6. Downtown Newcastle: The Old Newcastle House Taps & Grill
7. Downtown Orono: The Firehall Bistro
8. Downtown Oshawa: Berry Hill Food Co.
9. Pickering Nautical Village: PORT
10. Pickering Village: Casa Verde
Source: Don Terry
11. Downtown Port Perry: The Piano Café
Source: The Piano Café
12. Downtown Sunderland: Roadside Country Diner
13. Downtown Uxbridge: Urban Pantry
Source: Urban Pantry Facebook page
14. Downtown Whitby: The Pearson Pub
Source: The Pearson Pub Facebook page
About the Author
Bryen writes about local Durham community news, including regional events, municipality updates, entertainment, lifestyle, and the great outdoors. Email him directly if you want your business profiled or know a community member that deserves recognition - email@example.com