What's Up Durham?
There’s still plenty of time to hit up Durham’s slopes, trails, and rinks this winter
Enjoy the crisp winter air as you hit the slopes, trails or rink for a snowy adventure!
From snowshoeing on the many trails, to hockey and leisure skating, and skiing or snowboarding, there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
Skiing and Snowboarding
Durham Region has three outstanding ski and snowboard adventure destinations for you to enjoy.
For over 80 years, Brimacombe ski area has welcomed families to its slopes, offering fun and affordable skiing and snowboarding for “kids” of all ages!
Dagmar Ski Resort’s scenic slopes provide a fun and exciting learning experience for all with Durham Region’s largest terrain park!
Nestled in the beautiful Oak Ridges Moraine, Lakeridge Ski Resort offers year-round fun for everyone!
Outdoor Ice Skating Rinks
Lace up your skates! Durham Region has many outdoor ice rinks for you to enjoy this winter. There are 16 (and counting!) outdoor ice rinks across the Region to enjoy this winter. Check the rink status before you go to ensure it’s open. Ice-making and maintenance are weather-dependent.
- Rick Hull Memorial Park – 591 Rosebank Road, Pickering
- Claremont Memorial Park – 4941 Old Brock Road, Claremont
- Forestbrook Park – 1030 Glenanna Road, Pickering
- Pat Bayly Square – 55 Bayly Street West
- McLean Community Centre – 95 Magill Drive
- Audley Recreation Centre – 1955 Audley Road North
- Rotary Park – Coming soon!
- Carruthers Marsh Pavilion – Coming soon!
- Peel Park (in the lacrosse box) – 307 Trent Street East, Whitby
- Brooklin Memorial Park (in the tennis courts) – 67 Winchester Road East, Brooklin
- Delpark Homes Centre – 1661 Harmony Road North
- Garnet B. Rickard Recreation Complex (on baseball diamond) – 2440 Durham Regional Highway 2, Bowmanville
- Guildwood Park – 180 Guildwood Drive, Bowmanville
- Rosswell Park – 141 Rosswell Drive, Courtice
- Tooley’s Mill Park – 71 Old Kingston Road, Courtice
- Willowtree Farm – 975 Regional Road 21, Port Perry
- On Lake Scugog in Downtown Port Perry
- Elgin Pond – 180 Main Street South, Uxbridge
About the Author
Bryen writes about local Durham community news, including regional events, municipality updates, entertainment, lifestyle, and the great outdoors. Email him directly if you want your business profiled or know a community member that deserves recognition - firstname.lastname@example.org