What's Up Durham?
Oshawa City Council seeks community input on playground equipment and the use of fireworks
The City of Oshawa is requesting your feedback on the following two new projects:
- provide your feedback on preferred playground equipment and accessibility features for the Greenbriar Park Redevelopment;
- share your thoughts and ideas on three options to amend the City’s Fireworks By-Law.
The City of Oshawa is redeveloping Greenbriar Park at 691 Greenbriar Drive and wants to hear your thoughts on the preferred playground equipment and accessibility features.
The conceptual plan includes a new playground, site furniture and new park pathway(s).
Community members are invited to provide their feedback by:
- completing a feedback from online on Connect Oshawa(ConnectOshawa.ca/GreenbriarPark); or,
- on paper atService Oshawa(50 Centre St. S.).
Feedback will be received until noon on October 23, 2023 and will be considered in the selection of playground equipment and accessibility components of the site.
The City is re-examining itsFireworks By-Lawwith respect to Consumer Fireworks in an effort to strike a balance between preserving the joy of fireworks and ensuring safety and consideration for everyone.
Three options are being considered related to Consumer Fireworks:
- Option A Enhanced enforcement of the Fireworks By-Law before and after permitted holidays, including when the sale and discharge of fireworks are permitted.
- Option B Restricting the use of Consumer Fireworks during permitted holidays to a limited number of City parks based on criteria developed by City parks staff.
- Option C City-wide prohibition on sale and discharge of Consumer Fireworks
Feedback will be received until noon on Friday, November 3, 2023 and will help inform proposed amendments to the Fireworks By-law that will be presented to the Safety and Facilities Services Committee.
About the Author
Bryen writes about local Durham community news, including regional events, municipality updates, entertainment, lifestyle, and the great outdoors. Email him directly if you want your business profiled or know a community member that deserves recognition - firstname.lastname@example.org