What's Up Durham?
Nominations open for Oshawa’s Culture Counts, and Community Legend Awards – vote by January 31, 2024
The City of Oshawa is now accepting nominations for their Culture Counts Awards and Community Legend Award.
The Culture Counts Awards celebrate and honour the creative and cultural achievements of the community. Individuals, groups and/or organizations can be nominated or apply in three categories:
- Oshawa Culture Counts Professional Artist Award, which recognizes an established artist of any arts discipline who has demonstrated creativity, originality, professional maturity and artistic leadership in the community.
- Oshawa Culture Counts Emerging Artist Award,which recognizes an emerging artist who is in the early stages of their career. The award encompasses all art disciplines and recognizes an artist who inspires and enriches the lives of fellow citizens.
- The Innovation and Creation Champion Award,which honours an individual, collective and/or organization in the creative and cultural industries that has created or enhanced an event, product, program or partnership in the past year. This award recognizes work that is unique, transformative, and positive in its impact on arts, culture, and heritage in Oshawa.
Nominations will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, January 31
The City is also currently accepting nominations for the Community Legend Award, recognizinga person of any age or an organization/group who has:
- made a significant contribution to an activity, sport or community initiative as a volunteer;
- contributed to improving the quality of life of the Oshawa community; and/or,
- made a significant impact on the Oshawa community at a grassroots level through arts and culture, sport or community initiatives.
Nominations will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, January 31.
About the Author
Bryen writes about local Durham community news, including regional events, municipality updates, entertainment, lifestyle, and the great outdoors. Email him directly if you want your business profiled or know a community member that deserves recognition - firstname.lastname@example.org